Wednesday 18 April 2007

Introduction



The purpose of this site is to help me log all the Munroes I've done and hopefully spur me on to do more. My love of the outdoors has only really been a recent one. I used to hate hill-walking! I actually enjoy making things a bit harder for myself sometimes and having to rely on my own instincts to get back (partially because of the fact I don't always have an OS map!)... even though I may not at the time... it makes coming home that little bit sweeter!

I would like to apologise first to everyone who has gone up a Munro with me and something has gone wrong... wrong turn... thunderstorms... not enought time for lunch... night-walks... unwanted wildlife... but it does give you something to remember & treasure when you look back at it doesn't it?! Even if it's just to take the piss out of me!!!

My main references are at present Cameron McNeish's book "The Munroes" which I no longer fully trust after my experience up Ben McDui!!! Also other folks routes and tips on Munro Magic's website are extremely useful. Those along with the odd OS map I have kicking around have done me well so far but... and a big BUT... I may be investing in OS online to make things a little bit easier for myself. I'm getting fed up of going the harder ways on already hard routes!!!

I have no idea when I'll finish this quest!!! Hope you enjoy the site and the photos. Would be great to hear your comments / suggestions & have your useful Munro links too.

Matt

1 comment:

Kristin Pedroja said...

Why did I have to meet the Matt who just began to love the outdoors and will now drag me up all two hundred zillion of them? Why me, why me?!?!?